Monday 27 January 2014

That age old question...

What's your favourite flower?

If I had a pound for every time someone asked me what my favourite flower was, I'd be rich. Truth is...many florists probably do have a favourite, however I don't have one! Well not one that stands out anyway. 
Im going to show off one that I do adore though, the Grape Hyacinth - Muscari. 


I absolutely love using these delicate flowers in designs. Mostly for their gorgeous blue colour. It stem allows natural movement as well which adds to any design. 
It's a spring flower which can be available in late Autumn at a slightly higher buying price. There are several varieties of Muscari all with different tones of blues, whites and hints of green. 

They are perfect for design work where something delicate is needed, but yet impact is required. I used the blue in a bridal shrug that I designed as my qualifying piece for The RHS Chelsea Flower Show in 2010/2011.
Ive also used the white and the blue in bridal bouquets which added the blue colour required into a hand tied design, and a light lace effect needed in a shower bouquet. 


White Muscari in a shower bouquet.



Blue Muscari in a hand tied bridal bouquet.



Blue Muscari used in a Bridal Shrug design.




It's It'

No comments:

Post a Comment